Dark mode is now one of the most sought-after features by smartphone users because it offers such great benefits either for eye health or battery power consumption.
The Night Mode or Dark Mode itself has been adopted by many app developers, including Google.
The giant technology company is now starting to supply the Dark Mode feature on several of its other applications such as YouTube, Gmail, Chrome, and others.
Unfortunately, there are still many people who dont know about how to activate this Dark Mode feature so that many are ignoring it.
Well, in this article, i will talk about how to enable the Dark Mode feature in the Google Chrome app for PC and smartphones.
How to enable Google Chrome’s Dark Mode feature on PC
Not only present in smartphone devices only, this Dark Mode feature can be applied in the PC version of Google Chrome Lho.
Step 1-Open Google Chrome
- The first step you should definitely do is open the Google Chrome app on your PC device first.
Step 2-Visit the Chrome Web Store
- If the Google Chrome app is already open, your next step is to visit the Chrome Web Store page to download the Dark Mode extension.
- You can visit the Chrome Web Store page in the URL https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions.
Step 3 – Download the Dark Mode extension
- Next step, you’re looking for and download an extension that offers the Dark Mode theme, the gang. Here i’am suggest that you use an extension called Dark Reader.
- If not directly available on the main page, you can search by typing the theme name in the search field provided
- Once you’ve successfully found the extension you’re looking for, then click the “Add to Chrome” button.
Step 4-Add extension
- Then, the Google Chrome app will bring up a pop-up notification to ensure that you want to install the extension in Chrome.
- In this step you can select the button “Add extension “.
- After that, the Dark Reader extension has been successfully installed in Google Chrome. However, if you haven’t seen any changes you can refresh the page.
- If it works then it looks more or less like the following.
If you want to enable dark mode in google chrome without installing any extension then you should read this – How To Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode