About Travel Insurance
What is Travel Insurance?Travel Insurance (Travel Insurance) is a type of insurance that is intended to provide protection while you are traveling. Travel insurance (travel insurance) does not enter into the type of insurance that must be owned. This insurance is preferred for those of you who really like to travel well out of town to overseas and its function is only to protect when going to travel alone.
But lately travel insurance products are quite popular among the people and its nature is more flexible than other types of insurance making many people also have a travel insurance product. Especially those who like traveling and whose work does require routine trips to several places. Vacationing is an activity that everyone likes, especially for those who have a busy schedule of activities every day. For busy people, vacation time must be used exclusively and of high quality. Some people choose to travel abroad to fill their vacation time.
Before going on a vacation trip, usually we will prepare some important preparations such as leave permission, booking airplane tickets and lodging, checking passport and visa readiness, and registering travel insurance. Travel insurance is used for emergency purposes when when traveling abroad, things happen that are not desirable for you. This insurance is very important to consider before traveling abroad so that your trip is comfortable and not anxious.
Why Must Have Travel Insurance?Many countries have obliged their tourists to have travel insurance. If you don't have it, tourists will not be allowed in.
For example, countries in Europe and even Asia that have enacted the rules required to have travel insurance when going to visit their country. So if you want your trip to be comfortable, smooth and protected then being registered as a travel insurance owner is certainly highly recommended.
What are the Best Travel Insurance Providers in Indonesia?Here are some lists of insurance companies that provide travel insurance or the best travel insurance in Indonesia:
- ACA Travel Insurance.
- AXA Travel Insurance.
- Zurich Travel Insurance.
- AIG Travel Insurance.
- Travel Insurance Chubb.
- Travel Insurance Simas Insurtech.
- Adira Travellin Travel Insurance.
- MSIG Travel Insurance.
What is Family Travel Insurance and is the Price Cheaper?
Family travel insurance when viewed from the type included in the group travel insurance. This type of travel insurance will protect your trip and your family for domestic or international travel. Just like other travel insurance, travel insurance for this family also covers medical costs in the event of an accident while traveling, compensation when the trip is canceled out of power, replacement money for lost items and death money.
Another advantage of buying travel insurance for your family at the same time is the price is cheaper because you only need to buy 1 insurance policy but can protect all family members who will be involved in travel. Travel insurance for families can be purchased by 2 adults over the age of 18 or for one family at a time, consisting of father, mother and child (maximum of 3 children owned).
What is a Schengen Visa and Schengen Travel Insurance?
Schengen visa is a visa that is intended for countries in Europe. For those of you who want to travel to European countries, you must have a Schengen visa. Having a Schengen visa will make it easier for you to travel to several countries in Europe at once.
By having a Schegen visa you can still travel to European countries even though your passport is still empty without any history of traveling abroad beforehand. Travel Insurance for Schengen visas is mandatory for Schengen visa holders. Schengen visa travel insurance can protect you from various travel risks such as medical costs, lost goods, flight delays to the issue of terror and crime in the country visited.
The following are the conditions that must be met in order to apply for a Schengen visa:
Schengen Visa Application Form: This form can be obtained from any counter of the embassy office where the country of destination is. You can also download directly from the embassy's official website.
- Passport Photos: Requirements for a passport size for a Schengen visa are 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm against a white background, wear formal clothing, don't wear a head covering and make sure your ears are visible in the photo.
- Passport: Prepare the original passport and a photocopy with the stamp with a minimum validity limit of 90 days (3 months) after the validity of the requested visa with at least 2 blank visa pages. This is important because visa stickers will be affixed.
- Travel Insurance: Having a Schengen visa is required to have travel insurance. There are many travel insurance types that provide travel insurance for Schengen visas.
- Financial Proof: Include financial proof, where this proof is in the form of a checking account with a term of 3 months. You can print it and then legalized by the relevant bank. Your financial balance must comply with the minimum balance requirements set by the embassy office.
- Proof of Flight Ticket Reservations: In traveling, of course you need a ticket. This flight ticket reservation is one of the requirements for applying for an attached Schengen visa. This flight ticket reservation must be according to the commute schedule.
- Proof of Booking a Lodging: This can be obtained from the data of lodging bookings via your online. In addition to proof of lodging reservations, if during the stay in Europe will stay or stay temporarily at the home of a relative or friend, must attach proof of ownership or contract of residence, original certificate from the local mayor, a statement from the invitee whose contents how long will stay in his house starting from what date will stay until what date will leave the place, a guarantee letter back to Indonesia and a photocopy of KTP as well as proof of inviter tax payment.
- Job Certificate: This requirement is needed to prove that you are bound to work in your country of origin and do not have a purpose to escape to another country either for reasons of seeking work or becoming an illegal immigrant. If you are an entrepreneur, you must include a SIUP or professional permit according to your field.
- Itinerary: This is to indicate which countries you will visit, which cities you will visit, from what date to what date you will be long in which country, and so on. Itinerary must be written in as much detail as possible
Tips for Choosing Travel Insurance (Travel Insurance)
Knowledge of travel insurance is absolutely necessary, before you choose a travel insurance product, there are at least three things that need to be considered as the following description:
Understand the Amount of Protection Provided by Travel Insurance: As a travel insurance customer, you must examine in detail what things are covered. Often there are overlapping conditions, aka double protection of some insurance you have, while the insured is the same. Do not buy insurance premiums that are the same as the premiums already owned.
- We take the example, you can just buy travel insurance that covers loss of goods because it already has life insurance before rather than buying 2 products with the same protection.
- Understand Your Travel Insurance Protection Time: Ideally you should choose travel insurance in accordance with the length of time to travel, considering that travel insurance will usually only bear the risk when traveling. Do not let you lose the excess premium due to have returned home but the premium you pay turns out to be for the insurance period exceeds the trip.
- Area of Protection: Travel with high risk usually cannot be protected by travel insurance. For example extreme sports, wild tourism, or to places that are considered dangerous such as conflict areas. For extreme activities insurance companies usually will set additional premiums outside of travel insurance premiums in general.
- Insured Health Conditions: Understand that each insured has a history of illness and in general insurance companies do not cover pre-existing health conditions. You should be honest, even if at first glance it seems beneficial to hide the health conditions that have been experienced before, when a claim occurs, you could be rejected.
Insurance companies will usually ask for a detailed medical history that would result in a claim being rejected, if you find out lying. To avoid this, it is strongly recommended that you disclose all health details at an early stage so that you don't experience a rejected claim.